Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Tea Post, Ahmedabad

Tea Post
10, Surmount Complex,
Opposite Iscon Mega Mall,
S G Highway,
Satellite
Ahmedabad

+91 9426868249, +91 7698700009

Tea Post is a recent entry into the "Chai Bar" space in Ahmedabad. However, their pricing is closer to kitli chai than a chai bar.

The indoor seats are very comfortable and they have some outdoor seating too which are simpler backless stools.

Menu is limited, some tea with milk and some without, ice teas and a few snacks.


We tried the kaavo - a black tea, which was more like rasam (since it had pepper, ginger and salt), than a chai. While initially it tasted very strange, once I thought of it as soup, it was much easier to drink and I knew it was doing wonders for my system in this cold weather..

Husband had the ginger pudina tea. He felt the tea was good, but the pudina flavouring got a bit too strong and overpowered the ginger.

We also had the bun maska, which was good, but Lucky Tea and VarieTea serve much better versions.

Just to make sure I had covered all bases, I also asked for a rose mint ice tea. This was refreshing, but a little too sweet for my taste, so next time I visit, I will ask them to reduce the sugar for me.

All of this, and the bill was just 95 Rs. No wonder, it is normally filled with student crowd.

Tea is served in paper cups. Snacks which include theplas and samosas are served in paper plates. so don't expect anything fancy.

Service was very polite and the guys behind the counter are really sweet, but the flies around were distracting and irritating.

Its good value for money, but I prefer VarieTea any day.

Rating : 3 / 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis