Sunday, April 13, 2014

Imperial, Bangalore

Imperial,
42/5, Central Street,
Shivajinagar Bus Stand
Bangalore
080 22863638, 080 22863639

Empire and Imperial have so much nostalgia value for me and my friends, that this review could be quite biased. This was the only place open late a night, when we were hungry and on a budget. If I eat only one meal in Bangalore on a trip it is either at Empire/Imperial or at Nandinis.

My standard order is ghee rice, dhal fry, half plate chicken kebab and half plate bheja fry. This is all washed down with a steaming hot suleimani at the end. I occasionally order something else from the menu, but very rarely. Mostly, I don't even bother looking at the menu. This for me is comfort food and I often find myself craving these items made exactly the way that they are by Imperials (Residency road)


So this is exactly what I ordered at the Shivajinagar outlet and I wasn't disappointed. I do prefer the dhal at the Residency Road outlet, but that's a personal preference.


Rating : 4 / 5



New Imperial Family Restaurant
4, Prime Business Centre,
SKT Road,
1st Stage, Off 100 Feet Road,
Indiranagar,
Bangalore

080 41153869
080 41161386

Food at most of the Imperial/ Empire restaurants taste the same and that's a GOOD thing. Love their ghee rice, dal fry, chicken kebab (which is actually deep fried, not roasted / grilled) and bheja fry is my standard order at this chain. Anything else is added on to this order.

So much so, that whenever I visit Bangalore, no matter what time I arrive, whoever I'm staying with (friends or family) normally has this ordered in for me.

Rating : 3.5 / 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis