Thursday, April 24, 2014

Vipul Dudhiya Sweets, Ahmedabad

Vipul Dudhiya Sweets,
Navnidhi Complex,
Near Stadium Circle,
Opposite Vodafone Office
Navrangpura
Ahmedabad
079 26461955, 079 26447246

I first visited Vipul Dudhiya to buy Paneer, as I was told that they made the best Paneer in Ahmedabad. So on my first visit here, I just bought Paneer and mawa (to make gujiyas). The quality of both was excellent, so I have often been back to pick up more of these milk products.

I have also bought their fresh snacks like theplas and handvo and they have always been fresh and tasty.


The other field in which they stand out is their range of matthos (shrikhand). They have a variety of flavours on offer, displayed like at an ice cream or gelato counter. They allow you to taste each flavour before you decide which to buy. The flavour and taste is slightly different from the Maharashtrian shrikhand, but it is extremely yummy.

I've heard that they make excellent basundi, but I have never had the opportunity to taste it (never been available when I visit - its only available in winters)

They always have a huge pot of chaas (buttermilk) being churned. In summer, they also offer fresh aamras, which mango fans tell me is excellent (I don't eat ripe mangoes).

They have a wonderful range of packaged snacks too. My favourite is the malai chakri that is extremely soft yet crispy. Their sev and other items are also quite yummy for munching on.

Rating : 4 / 5




Vipul Dudhiya Sweets
Dev Darshan Complex,
Opposite IOC Petrol Pump,
Bopal Ghuma Road,
Bopal,
Ahmedabad

+91 9722200000

This is a much more upmarket version of Vipul Dudhiya. Its very neat, clean, fresh and new looking (if that makes any sense) Most of the Vipul Dudhiya items are on offer here including the flavoured mathos (shrikhand), snacks, paneer and other milk items. But I was surprised to also see fresh farsaan - like khandvi, khaman and patra on offer along with a wider variety of sweets.

This is a much easier location to visit from our part of town, so I will be visiting more often and will try the farsaan at that time.

Rating : 3.5 / 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis