Tuesday, May 06, 2014

Brown & Happy, Ahmedabad

Brown & Happy,
Shop No 3, Megha Garden House,
Opposite Kotak Mahindra Bank,
Mithakhali Six Roads,
Navrangpura,
Ahmedabad
(91)-(79)-30008495 +(91)-9879032758
info@brownandhappy.com



Headed to Brown and Happy because I was craving chocolate and I'm so glad that I did. The interiors are all done up in shades of dark brown and beautiful quotes on chocolate adorn the wall. To top it all, the display counters are chock-a-block with yummy looking pastries and chocolates.


I picked up a box of the most yummy assorted truffles (27/- to 45/- per piece) and Brajesh and I have been slowly savouring each one of them (milk chocolate, dark chocolate, coffee mousse, hazelnut praline, smooth coconut, lemon mousse, pista mousse, creme brulee and dark chocolate dessert) they are each so yum, its difficult to choose a favourite. But, I have to say that they are way better than Dangee Dums. (They have a lot of fruit flavoured truffle options too, that I didn't even bother with, but would be great for fruit lovers.)

 Minal Modi is passionate about her art and uses only the finest ingredients in her products. She uses genuine Belgian chocolate made from cocoa butter rather than Vegetable fat and you can taste the difference in each bite.

Everything was so pretty, I couldn't stop myself from taking pictures.

Their products are currently divided into 2 categories - chocolates & cakes and snacks & desserts. For snack, I tried the chocolate croissant (65/-) which I have to say is the best chocolate sandwich in Ahmedabad - its in a croissant, not slices of bread, but how does that matter? Big chunks of excellent quality chocolate, slightly warmed and on the verge of melting, in between a halved croissant. What's not to like? Its a heavenly experience, I can assure you.




Brown & Happy offers a product called the layered cake which is an upturned cupcake, sliced and with flavoured fillings between each layer. They have lots of different flavours on offer. The chocolate layer cake (45/-) was a vanilla cupcake which had layers of milk chocolate cream and was delicious.



To accompany my sweet chocolate indulgences, I requested a chocolate cold cocoa (89/-) which was a chocolate shake with bits of grated chocolate decorated with a chocolate syrup lattice. My only discordant note of the visit, was the big chunk of ice that I found in my cold chocolate, which was otherwise perfect.


Minal, said that they were in the process of updating their menu and 2nd May would see the launch of the new menu. She also said that decorative cakes were their specialty.


Brown & Happy, serves savoury snacks too (its not just about the chocolate) - paneer croissants, pasta, subs, pizzas and fries.

I however, am definitely going back for more chocolate :)


Rating : 4 / 5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis