Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Little Frankies, London

Little Frankie's
7 Whitehall,
Westminster,
London
SW1A 2DD
020 73893880

I first stopped here for breakfast, the day I went to pick up tickets from Trafalgar studios. I wanted a non-chain restaurant in the are that could serve me hot breakfast.

The interiors reminded me of all those Italian restaurants in Chicago - the seating, the photos on the wall.

I had an Eggs Benedict (5.95) and a coffee (1.95) with an extra side order of mushrooms (1.45). Quite enjoyed the coffee, the eggs weren't bad, but they weren't the best either. However the service was friendly and since I had gone at an off time (around 10:00am), it was very quiet. They had an offer where all breakfasts were 5.95. And they also offer alcoholic bloody marys on the breakfast menu - for those who want to avoid a hangover, I presume.


So today, when I was heading back to the studios to watch a play and wanted a light early supper, I thought this would be the most convenient place to visit.

I ordered the F&B special spaghetti and meatballs (11.45) and we both ordered a coffee for ourselves. The place was completely full at 6:45pm, but I mentioned to the waitress that I needed to get to a show by 7:15 and she got us our order super quick.

Coffees - Latte (3.15) and Cappucino (3.15) were very good, but the spaghetti fell very short on my expectations. I am a person who uses very minimal salt in my food, I found the salt lacking in the dish. The sauce was very sparing, and only the spaghetti at the bottom of the bowl had any sauce on it. The sauce itself was quite good, but just not enough. The meatballs were on the side and too soft - (like KFC nuggets soft), no texture of meat.


The music here is fun and the coffees are good. The staff that I interacted with were also very pleasant & obliging, but the food wasn't worth it. I may just brave Garfunkels the next time.

Rating : 3/5

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis